5 Ingredient Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
If you’re looking for an incredible vegetarian side dish, look no further than this 5 ingredient cheesy cauliflower bake. This dish is cheesy and has the best buttery crumb topping, soooo good!
Move aside boring vegetable side dishes and make room for this rock star of a dish, it’s goingto make its way onto dinner and party menus from here on out!
Cauliflower is probably one of my favorite vegetables. Saying that is an understatement. Cauliflower IS my favorite vegetable, and I don’t share it here on the blog nearly enough. I’ve shared these creamy roasted seasonable vegetables and the best shrimp cauliflower fried rice, but I haven’t shared a dish highlighting cauliflower in all its glory. That changes this Five Ingredient Friday!
Whenever I see cauliflower on a menu when eating out, I always order it. In fact, this cheesy cauliflower bake with a buttery breadcrumb topping is based on a dish I had at a restaurant -side note, it was the same supper club where I had this green goddess dip called ‘cauliflower & breadcrumbs.’ I love cauliflower dishes so much that once when the server told me the dish was hot, I didn’t listen and took a bit bite. Of course I burned my mouth. Is it bad that it didn’t bother me because it was SO good? That’s love of a dish right there.
I love how easy this dish is to make. You cut cauliflower, put it in a baking dish and sprinkle it with mozzarella cheese and then make a buttery-garlicy-breadcrumby mixture that you top it with and bake it to perfection. That’s it! Easy, right? And you know I’m all about the easy recipes. I can see this being the perfect vegetarian side dish at, say, Thanksgiving? I know I’ll be bringing this (we’ll see if it makes it to Thanksgiving because I might eat the whole thing first lol).
- 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed and cut into pieces
- 1¼ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ⅓ cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place cut cauliflower florets in a baking dish (I used a square baking dish) and sprinkle shredded cheese over the cauliflower and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat melt the butter (about 2 minutes) then add in the garlic and stir. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs. It should be a crumbly mixture.
- Spoon the crumb mixture over the cheese.
- Place aluminum foil over the dish and bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes, or until some browning and cauliflower is tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy