5 Ingredient Chicken Caesar Pita Wraps Recipe
The name of the game today is an amazing fast and easy chicken dinner recipe! These 5 ingredient chicken Caesar pita wraps are super tasty, and come together in a flash – dinner on the table in under 10 minutes, that’s what I’m talking about!
I first had a version of a chicken Caesar pita wrap when I was trying different meal home delivery services (you can see my comparison of 6 different meal delivery services here) and I loved the idea – it was like a chicken Caesar salad in a pita, like a gyro, super delicious. The one thing I didn’t like, however, was that there was way too much prep involved for something so simple.
So of course I had to simplify the recipe to make it work in my everyday life, and I have to tell you, I’m so in love with this quick 5 ingredient wrap recipe (this weeks’ Five Ingredient Friday).
If you’re short on time (like I usually am lol) I use already cooked rotisserie chicken. If I have a little more time on my hands, I like to simply bake chicken breasts and put about 1 tablespoon of Caesar dressing on them – the dressing acts like a marinade/sauce and really gives it great flavor.
Can you believe that last week was Easter? How was your holiday? Ours was pretty low key. I do have to say a big giant thank you for all your prayers and positive thoughts that came in related to our house selling/buying which we’re going through right now – which I shared in last week’s post on making these 5 ingredient mini carrot cheddar cheese balls, I could really ‘feel’ the support virtually and I appreciate your emails and comments. Truly, thank you. I know it made a difference, and I cannot wait to update you on what I hope all happens in the next month.
To make these chicken Caesar pita wraps, all you do is get some rotisserie chicken (or you could use the baking method I talked about earlier), salad, shaved Parmesan, your favorite Caesar dressing (I like the yogurt based Caesar salad dressings) and some pitas. You toast the pitas, pile them high with lettuce, add on a little dressing, add chicken slices, sprinkle on some cheese and voila, dinner is done!
- 4-6 pitas, toasted
- 2 cups hearts of romaine, chopped (about ½ a cup per pita)
- 8 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing (1-2 tablespoons per pita)
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, or 2 chicken breasts, sliced (about ½ a breast per pita)
- 4-6 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese (about 1 tablespoon per pita)
- Toast the pita.
- While the pita is toasting, cut up the lettuce and chicken and set aside.
- To assemble each pita wrap, place pita on a plate, top with ½ cup romaine lettuce (a handful), drizzle salad dressing on, add a few pieces of chicken (about ½ a chicken breast) and then top with a few pinches of Parmesan cheese, repeat with all pitas, and enjoy!