5 Ingredient Mini Carrot Cheddar Cheese Balls
Looking for the perfect quick appetizer recipe that is suuuuuper delicious and takes only a few minutes to make? I’ve got just the recipe for you with these 5 ingredient mini carrot cheddar cheese balls!
I think I have a new favorite appetizer I’m going to be making for parties: these mini cheese balls. They’re super yummy, and so unique.
As I was thinking about Easter – more on that in a second – I made sure I was stocked up on carrots, because every year I make carrot cake with caramel spiced pecans. The carrots just looked so appealing, I decided to snag some from the bag to make into a little savory appetizer, and so these mini cheese balls were made.
If you want, you could totally make one big cheese ball and call it a day.
Ok, so Easter – can you believe it’s this weekend? I just cannot believe it. Time is flying. I’m in some serious denial over here. It could have to do with the fact that life is insane right now. I’m 7 months pregnant and we’re in the midst of selling our house. Please send prayers/good thoughts for a smooth sale and transition(right now we don’t know where we’ll be going next – if we’re going to end up in a new house or an apartment until we find a house). I just keep telling myself everything happens for a reason and will happen as it’s supposed to. Timing is getting a little tight though. We haven’t done anything in terms of setting up a nursery, and like I said, we’re just hoping everything goes through with the sale, aaaannnnnd timing is getting a little tight. Eeeek. Hopefully I’ll have an amazing update for you in the next few weeks. Fingers and toes crossed and prayers are really welcome!
Because of all the house showings, I haven’t really been wanting to make the house smell, or dirty up the kitchen, so the fact that these awesome mini cheese balls are no bake or cook is a huge plus in my book.
And with only 5 ingredients you simply cannot go wrong (these cheese balls are this week’s Five Ingredient Friday!)
I am making a batch of these mini 5 ingredient carrot cheddar cheese balls for Easter, and I’d love to hear from you – what are your plans for Easter – what will you be making?
- 2 large carrots, grated (about 1 cup grated)
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 block, I have used reduced fat and that works great too), at room temp
- 1 cup (2 oz) shredded/grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Grate carrots into a bowl.
- Add cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne and stir (this will take some muscle, or you can use a stand mixer to mix it.) Make sure everything is combined and no large chunks of cream cheese remain.
- Using a tablespoon size cookie scoop, scoop balls and place them on a plate. You can form them into more neat and exact circles with your hands if you'd like. If you don't have a cookie scoop you can just measure out a heaping spoonful and then shape it into a small cheese ball.
- You could also just leave the mixture in the bowl and serve it like a dip, or form one big cheese ball.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, then serve.