5 Ingredient Unfried Cornflake Chicken
The first official post of 2014 is one of my all time favorite recipes, and one that has 5 ingredients which makes it perfect for this weeks Five Ingredient Friday . When I visited my photographer friend Charlotte Claypoole in North Carolina this past weekend, I decided to cook for us, and just couldn’t resist but make her one of, if not THE chicken recipe that is nearest and dearest to my heart.
I used to live a few doors down from Char and used to cook for her all the time. She’d come over after work (our dogs were bff ) and we’d just hang out for hours, I’d cook and we’d chat the night away. She was the one who really pushed me to start my blog, so I am forever grateful to her.
And whenever I’m hanging out with someone, I love hearing about their dinner habits and what they eat. She shared that she liked simple things that didn’t take forever to make but that have great flavor. BINGO! This recipe for 5 ingredient ‘unfried’ cornflake chicken fits the bill.
This recipe is super easy, you soak the chicken in skim milk, coat it, bake it, flip it, bake it, and viola, you have yourself a delicious dinner. I make this recipe every few weeks, and it is very similar to the Unfried Cornflake Chicken I have made in the past, only less ingredients, and more fun photos to walk you through the process!
- 1. 1 lb Chicken Tenders
- 2. 2 Cups Skim Milk
- 3. 1.5 Cup Cornflakes
- 4. 2.5 Tbs Butter, melted
- 5. 2 Tbs Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. In a bowl combine chicken and milk and let marinate for 20 minutes or up to 24 hrs.
- In a baggie combine cornflakes and paprika and vigorously rub together between hands to break it up and to combine. You could also roll a can over the bag to crush/combine the cornflakes and paprika. Pour the contents of the baggie (the "coating") onto a plate.
- Prepare a baking dish by pouring half the melted butter along the bottom of the pan (alternatively use some cooking spray and use a little less of the butter if desired).
- Take one chicken tenders and dredge it through the cornflake mixture on both sides and lay in buttered baking dish. Repeat until all the tenders are covered. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then pour the remaining butter over the chicken tenders.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, flip and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes then enjoy!