Best Dip Ever -Cheesy Bacon Dip
Let me start by saying this is the BEST DIP EVER!!! Now to the story on how I got the recipe for this amazing dip…last year my mother & sisters in law threw me this amazing bridal shower before my wedding, and as part of the invites they sent, they included a recipe card and asked everyone to bring a recipe to the shower and include it in a recipe box they gifted me (they also gifted me a Kitchen Aid Mixer that I use daily-my family rocks!) One of the recipes was from my friend who wrote a really cute message about the dip and ended with this sentence ‘watch it disappear’ … let me tell you, that is exactly what happens when you make this dish!
This past weekend was my husbands families’ annual Amazing Race (one of his Aunts plans this elaborate race involving teams,obstacles, and tasks all around the area) and afterwards there was a potluck dinner, so I decided to bring this dip, and as the recipe said we watched it disappear! So here it is-super easy and yummy:
- ¾ Lb thick cut bacon, cut & cooked
- 12 oz Sour Cream (I used Light Sour Cream)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese ( I used Reduced Fat Cream Cheese)
- 1 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar (I used Reduced Fat Cheddar)
- ½ cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1½ Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Loaf of Round Bread (I used a rustic italian)
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Cut the bacon in to small pieces and then cook, when done let cool/drain on a paper towel covered plate. In a bowl mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth, then add the Worcestershire Sauce and mix, then add the green onions, cheddar and bacon and stir until well combined. Cut the center out of the round bread and get as much bread out as you can (cut the bread from the inside and use for serving). Spoon the dip mixture into the hollowed bread bowl, and then wrap with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve with bread chunks or crackers on the side
Note: This recipe has been made by a reader and is featured on my Reader Recreation page. If you ever make a SweetPhi blog recipe or tutorial that you’d like to share, just include the hashtag #Sweetphiblog on social media or send me an email to email@example.com, I love seeing your recreations!