Best Muffins EVER- Blueberry Cherry Muffins made with Greek Yogurt
I’ve made muffins before that were good, but nothing like this!
These Blueberry Cherry Muffins with Streusel Topping are made with fresh blueberries and cherries (remember how I have 30 lbs of Door County Cherries to go through 🙂 ) and made with Greek Yogurt.
I wanted to know if it was just a fluke that I had made the perfect dozen muffins that everyone enjoyed, so I made them a second (and then third and fourth) time with the exact same perfect result!
Because of the cherries and Greek Yogurt they are not overly sweet, but the Streusel Topping adds a little kick of sweetness as you bite down into these moist, fruity muffins! Yummmmmmm!
- For the Muffins:
- 4 Tbs Butter, softened
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¾ cup plain Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani 0%)
- ½ Tbs lemon zest (I zested about ¼ of a lemon)
- 1½ Cups Flour
- 1½ tsp baking Soda
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup fresh Blueberries, cleaned
- ¾ cup fresh Cherries, cleaned
- For the Streusel topping:
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 Tbs sanding sugar or rough sugar
- For the muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- In a bowl (I didn't even use a stand mixer for this!) microwave the butter for 30 seconds so that it is nice and soft or almost melted. Add the sugar and combine until it is almost creamy looking.
- Next add the egg and stir until it is incorporated, then add the greek yogurt followed by the lemon zest. Stir it a few times so that everything is mixed together.
- Now add the flour, baking soda and pinch of salt and mix, but don't over mix (as soon as it looks combined stop stirring).
- Add the berries, stir a few times, and then spoon into lined muffin cups (the batter should fill to the top all the muffin cups (they don't rise too much so it is ok).
- In a small bowl add 1 Tbs of butter of the topping and melt it in the microwave, then add the sugar and flour and lastly the sanding sugar. Evenly distribute a pinch of the topping onto all of the muffins, and then bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is slightly golden brown. Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and when cooled down, enjoy!
These muffins are loaded with fruit…yummmmm, they were SO GOOD!