Five Ingredient Friday – Breakfast Pizza
If there is one thing I love, it’s pizza…if there’s one thing my husband loves, it’s meeee…and at a close second is breakfast food…so why not marry the two, we’re married, right? Haha. But seriously, I love love love this breakfast pizza and make it all the time. It’s so easy and tasty! So for this Five Ingredient Friday I thought I’d share my way of making breakfast pizza…just throw it in the oven and in 20 minutes viola, hope you enjoy!
- 1. 1 Thin pizza crust (I have used both whole wheat and regular, a common brand I use is Bobboli-found near the pasta in grocery stores)
- 2. 1 Can (14.5 oz) Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes
- 3. 1.5 Cups Low moisture, part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4. 4 Eggs
- 5. pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. On top of a cookie sheet lay pizza crust out. Open can of crushed tomatoes and spoon over crust (try to get most of the tomatoes, not as much liquid. Set liquid aside for another dish or toss because you won't have too much left over.) Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (put more or less on depending on how spicy you like your food in the morning).
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over tomatoes. With the back of a spoon create 4 nests (think of the circle divided in four equal parts and each part gets a nest-push the cheese aside while making the nest). Crack eggs one at a time and put each egg in one of the nests. Bake for 20 minutes (if you like more of a runny egg bake for 15 only), remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and then slice and enjoy!