Chicken Green Chile Nachos
I looove Nachos! It’s almost a guilty pleasure, but I don’t feel guilty so i’d say it’s just a pleasure! Every month I have book club, and we used to go to this place that had really good nachos, we switched locations so I had to create something in its wake. I think these are better than at the restaurant, and it’s super easy to prepare.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth-100% Fat Free
- 1 Cup Tomatilla Salsa with Cilantro and Olives
- 1 Can Diced Green Chile's (you can get mild or spicy depending on your taste)
- ¾ cup Cheddar Cheese, reduced fat
- ¾ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 Cups Thick Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 375, place chicken, chicken broth, salsa and entire can of chile's in a deep baking dish and let cook for 2 hrs, or alternatively put in crock pot and turn on high for 2-3 hrs (I used the crock pot and they came out wonderful). After Chicken is cooked through, shred the chicken by puling it apart with two forks.
- Mix the shredded cheeses in bowl and set aside.
- To assemble take two cups of tortilla chips and place in a bowl, add the chicken with some chiles-I used a slotted spoon so I wouldn't get any of the liquid onto the chips-then add the cheese. The cheese will melt after a few minutes. Serve and enjoy!