Oh my goodness…this weeks Five Ingredient Friday is so good…soooo good and so easy to make, like all the Five Ingredient Fridays! A really cool trick for this recipe is to brush a little of the soup can remnants on the top of the Chicken Pot Pie before baking, it really adds a wonderful golden color and crispy hint to the top.
Just look at the inside…yum yum yum…I feel like every week I say ‘this is one of my favorite 5 ingredient recipes’ and I feel like I want to say that about this one too!
Have you entered the Sweetphi January Giveaway?
- 1. 2 9-inch Pie crusts (I used deep dish frozen pie crusts)
- 2. 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 3. 1.25 lbs chicken breasts
- 4. 1 lb mixed frozen vegetables
- 5. 1 can cream of chicken (I used 98% fat free)
- Salt & Pepper
- The first thing you'll need to do is boil the chicken. Bring a pot of water to boil, add a pinch of salt to the water. Put the chicken breasts in and cook for 30 minutes. When it is done, pour water the chicken has been cooking in, reserve ⅓ cup of the liquid.
- Put chicken back in the pan and shred with two forks. Add the reserved cooking liquid back in the pot with the shredded chicken and add the can of the cream of chicken, reserve 1 tbs.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the bag of frozen veggies and cheese to the pot, put a pinch of salt and pepper in and combine all ingredients by stirring a few times.
- On a cookie sheet put one of the pie doughs (if it is not in a dish then lay it out in a pie dish). Fill will the ingredients from the pot (the chicken/veggies cheese) and lay the other pie dough on top and pinch the crusts together (really pinch together so that the pie doesn't spill out.)
- Combine the 1 Tbs remaining cream of chicken with 1 tbs water and brush it on the top of the pie. Cut a few slits on the top/center. Bake for 55 minutes, then let rest for a few before serving.