These muffins have the much loved and oh-so-delicious flavor combination of rich chocolate and sour cherries, and only take a few minutes to throw together – all the while only using one bowl to make them!
The funny thing is, whenever I’m at a cafe, I never order muffins. They’re usually dry or don’t have enough fruit. But the fact is, I love making muffins at home, and have found that my favorite muffins are all made with yogurt, so I’m going to say I’m definitely on to something!
I’m going to be so bold to say that these are my new favorite muffin, with a close second being these Blueberry Cherry Muffins with a streussel topping – also made with yogurt!
These muffins are also perfect to grab-and-go, or perhaps a pack along for a picnic? See my post here for the Creamy Italian Herb Pasta Salad you see in the picnic image below.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- ¾ Cup Stonyfield Reduced Fat Vanilla Yogurt
- ½ Cup Milk (I used Skim)
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1½ Cup Fresh Sour Cherries (can be found in freezer section)
- ¼ -1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 and line two muffin pans with liners.
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients (first 4 ingredients).
- Then add all remaining wet ingredients except the cherries and stir, only until everything is combined (if you over stir you will have tough muffins).
- Lastly, fold in the cherries, then fill each lined muffin cup ¾ the way to the top. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on the top of each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and transfer to a cooling wrack, then enjoy!