Curry In A Hurry
I forgot what cooking show it was on, but I heard the phrase ‘curry in a hurry’ and ever since I have been wanting to make a quick curry dish, this recipe for ‘curry in a hurry’ is perfect! Honestly, it is so good, so easy to make, and best of all so QUICK to make, perfect for say…when you’re in a hurry! hahahah
The most difficult thing about this recipe was getting the crock pot down from the high shelf (I had to pull out my step stool). This recipe doesn’t have a million ingredients which normal curry usually does, so if you’re in the mood for a curry dish and don’t feel like spending hours and hours in the kitchen making it, you have found your recipe!
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Jar (16 oz) Salsa - I used medium but if you like more spicy use hot salsa
- 1 Can (13.66 oz) Lite Coconut Milk
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbs Curry Powder
- 1 Cup Brown Rice (dry and cooked according to package instructions)
- 1 tsp salt
- Put Chicken breasts, salsa, coconut milk in a crock pot and turn heat to high. Sprinkle with curry powder and salt, and stir a few times to incorporate the salsa and the coconut milk. Let cook for 2 hrs. With two forks pull chicken apart. Add sour cream to the crock pot and whisk so that all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Cook rice according to package instructions (mine took 45 minutes, but some rice takes shorter or longer depending on the type).
- Serve shredded chicken in the curry sauce over rice