My Dad’s Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Today I’m sharing a really special recipe with you – my dad’s scrambled eggs! These scrambled eggs are everything you want in scrambled eggs: soft and fluffy with the perfect amount of flavor.
Growing up, it was mainly my mom, sisters and I who took care of the cooking. But on special occasions my dad would make scrambled eggs. It was a true treat. He would ask who wanted eggs, and of course everyone said they did, and we’d all sit at the table and patiently wait.
The upcoming holidays reminded me of Christmas morning – definitely a scrambled eggs occasion!
A cute story about my dad’s scrambled eggs – when my husband and I first spent the holidays with my family and my husband tried my father’s scrambled eggs, he said “these are the best scrambled eggs I’ve ever had!” It was really sweet, and he really meant it. He would look forward to the holidays just for the scrambled eggs, and still does to this day!
Last year my husband and I took a trip with my parents and we rented a little house where we cooked meals (I made this 4 ingredient dinner on that trip). For breakfast my dad made eggs and the first day we were so ravenous, that we ate all the eggs and even had him make us seconds! I watched him like a hawk when he was making the eggs and took notes. It’s all about the melted butter! They’re so simple, it’s just melting butter in a pan, then scrambling eggs with a little bit of milk and salt and cooking them. So good!
We usually have more of a ‘brunch’ type style breakfast in my family with cold cuts, bread and cheese (and of course my dad’s scrambled eggs) – both my parents are European, so this is a very typical breakfast spread.
On some busy nights, my husband and I have ‘brinner’ (breakfast for dinner) and we always make these scrambled eggs and toast.
Are you signed up to my newsletter? I’m going to be sending a holiday newsletter with a subscriber exclusive giveaway!
For the holidays I know I’m definitely looking forward to enjoying these scrambled eggs, is there a special dish you look forward to?
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of garlic salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl beat together eggs, milk, and salt (and garlic salt if using). Beat until well combined.
- Over medium-high heat in a large pan melt the butter, then pour in the eggs. Move the eggs back and forth with a spatula to scramble them, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Some people like their eggs a little more runny - if you're like that, take them out of the pan as soon as the scrambles start to form.
- If you like them cooked more, as soon as the eggs start to form scrambles, turn the heat off but let them sit in the pan for 1 minute, they will finish cooking perfectly!
- Serve and enjoy