Dark Bottom Goat Cheese Cheesecake Cups
This is a little bit of a fancier dessert, oh so delicious and beautiful. These cups would also make really good bars I think. The flavor of the dark chocolate almost brownie bottom highlights the goat cheese accents in the cheesecake on the top layer. So rich and delish! They reminded me of the time I made Mini Lemon Ricotta Cheesecakes with Apple Pies (click here for recipe), but of course fancier because it has the beloved Goat Cheese!
- Dark Bottom Crust Ingredients:
- 1 Stick of Butter, melted
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup flour
- Goat Cheese Cheesecake Layer Ingredients:
- 6 oz goat cheese
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ lemon juiced, zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 Tbs Flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- For the black bottom (this is almost like a brownie): melt butter in a microwave bowl, as soon as it is melted add the chocolate chips and stir so that they melt as well. Let sit to cool for a few minutes. In a bowl beat the butter and sugar and egg until creamy, then add the remaining crust ingredients and combine until smooth, then divide among the 12 lined cups and bake for 10 minutes.
- For the goat cheese cheesecake layer, combine goat cheese, sugar, lemon juice and zest and vanilla and beat until smooth. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, incorporating them completely before adding the next, then stir in the flour. In a clean bowl whip the egg whites until they are firm but not stiff, fold ⅓ of the egg whites into the batter, then fold in the remaining and make sure everything is combined well. Spoon over the black bottom part, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before serving -these are good both warm and cool, and I kept them in the refrigerator for storage although they did not last long!
Out of the oven and cooling Up close and personal haha The insides Dark Bottom Goat Cheese Cheesecake Cups!