Five Ingredient Fridays – Sour Cream and Chive Fries
For this weeks installment of Five Ingredient Friday there are Sour Cream and Chive Oven Fries…yum! If you’ve ever visited Milwaukee and gone to a restaurant, you may have seen Sour Cream and Chive Fries on the menu, hopefully you ordered them and know what great flavors the pairing of sour cream and chives are. If not, try these immediately and fall in love!
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Sour Cream (I used reduced fat)
- 2 Tbs Freeze Dried Chives (can buy these in the spice isle at the grocery store)
- 1 Tbs True Life Sea Salt by True Botanica (can be purchased at www.truebotanica.com) or a sea salt with some herbs and seasonings it in.
- 2 Russet Potatoes, peeled, cleaned and cut
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the potatoes and combine well.
- Peel, clean, and cut the potatoes in strips, then add to the bowl and coat with sour cream and chive mixture.
- Arrange on the lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and then peel the potatoes off the aluminum foil and enjoy (they need to rest for a few minutes on the aluminum foil so they form that nice crunchy exterior). Enjoy!
All the lovely ingredients. For the True Life Sea Salt see the True Botanica Website