Five Ingredient Fridays – Spaghetti Squash Mac N Cheese
This post got lost in the cyber world from last Friday October 4th! I went looking for it, and it said it has ‘missed it’s schedule’ Ahhhh! So here it is again!
It’s squash season here in Wisconsin! This past weekend, my husband Nick and I went to the West Allis Farmers Market, and I got a beautiful Spaghetti Squash that I turned into Spaghetti Squash Mac N’ Cheese for Five Ingredient Friday, yum!! Here are some fun little pictures of our trip:
As you can see, it was very bright!! And that is the same Spaghetti squash I used in this recipe, and look at all the Pumpkins!
- 1. Spaghetti Squash (mine was 3.5-4 lbs)
- 2. 1 Egg
- 3. ½ cup Ricotta Cheese (I used Part Skim Ricotta)
- 4. 1-1.5 cups Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 5. Seasonings: 1 tsp each Salt, Pepper, Garlic Salt
- To cook the spaghetti squash I just wiped the squash clean, then poked a fork into the squash 3 times, and put it in a microwave safe bowl and microwaved it for 18 min.
- Preheat the oven to 450 and take the squash out of the microwave and let sit for 5-10 minutes until it is not to hot to handle. On a cutting board cut the squash in half, and then clean out the inner seeds. With two forks, pull the 'spaghetti' of the squash away from the sides of the skin and put it in a big bowl, save the emptied skins to cook in. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, ricotta and seasonings, and then 1 cup of the cheddar. Pour over squash and incorporate well. Scoop half the mixture back into each emptied squash side and sprinkle a little cheddar on top (I poked two little holes at the bottom of the emptied squash to let any liquid release), and put in an oven safe baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
The prep of the spaghetti Squash
Ok look at your hand, how look back at the picture, those onions were the largest i’ve ever seen! They were almost as big as my head! lol
I got flowers from my hubby