Garlic Lemon Salmon with Peppers and Brown Rice
This healthy, gluten-free dinner was so delicious, colorful and easy to make! On my latest trip to Costco, I purchased a huge piece of Salmon which I cut into four 2-fillet size servings each (I know, this thing was huge!) and then put into the freezer-so expect more Salmon recipes soon.
- 4 salmon fillets (mine were about 6oz each)
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- ½ of a lemon
- 3 bell peppers, cut into stripes (I had one yellow, orange and red, but green would be great too)
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- For seasoning the salmon & bell peppers: garlic salt, salt and pepper
- For the peppers -sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare the brown rice according to directions (the organic one I used takes 50 min, so I start on that first).
- In a pan heat 1.5 Tbs of the EVOO and add to it 3 of the crushed garlic cloves. Add the salmon fillets, season each side with garlic salt, salt and pepper and cook each side for about 6-8 minutes. When you are almost done cooking the salmon, add 1 Tbs butter and squeeze juice of half a lemon and then turn off the heat and let butter melt.
- In another pan, add remaining EVOO and 2 crushed garlic cloves, add pepper strips, season them, I added a sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes to the bell peppers.
- To assemble divide rice and peppers among 4 bowls, then add the salmon and a dribbles of the butter lemon sauce to each bowl and enjoy!