Gluten Free No Bake Nutty Buddy Pie
Happy National Peanut Butter Lovers Day! Yes, that is a thing haha! Well, I love peanut butter…here are some recipes I’ve made in the past: Banana Cake Cupcakes with Choco Peanut Butter Frosting, Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies and who can forget a little treat for the dog with these home made dog treats?!?
When I lived in North Carolina (shout out to my NC peeps) one of my coworkers gave me this recipe from her church cook book, it is so easy and yummy! So in honor of national peanut butter lovers day, here is the recipe:
- 1 package gluten free chocolate wafer cookies (about 10-15 cookies per crust)
- 3 Tbs Butter, melted (per crust)
- Pie filling (makes 3 pies!-the first time i made this i didn't know that and was surprised by how much filling there was):
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16oz) container frozen topping-coolwhip
- ¾ cup Hersheys chocolate syrup
- For the crusts put cookies in a food processor and process until fine crumbs, in a microwave safe microwave the butter, then add the cookies and press into pie plates
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk until blended. Mix in the sugar and peanut butter until smooth, then fold in the whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture into all 3 crusts. Drizzle each with chocolate syrup in circles, then use a fork to get the webbed look. Cover and freeze for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Let stand 15-30 minutes at room temperature before serving.