Gluten-Free Taco Tuesdays!
I have always loved Taco Tuesdays, so this Tuesday I tried a Gluten Free Brand of Taco Shells called Bearitos and I was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. Also, I tried a Gourmet Seasoning packet from Chef Rick Bayless to cook with the ground turkey I used…it was SO GOOD, my fiance ate 7 Taco’s-you read that right 🙂
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet Gourmet Seasoning-Red Chile and Cumin Mix from Chef Rick Bayless
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 Cup chopped red/orange/yellow bell peppers
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbs sour cream
- 1 avocado sliced and slightly salted
- In a pan heat olive oil and add onion, next add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, add gourmet seasoning mix and let cook for another 10 minutes.
- In a small pan add the peppers and let cook until browned.
- Chop up the avocado and place in a bowl
- Heat tacos according to directions for 3-5 minutes.
- To assemble have bowls lined up of all desired ingredients and stuff tacos as desired (ours had sour cream, avocados, cheddar cheese, roasted peppers and ground turkey.)