Goat Cheese Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
Are you ready for the best Quiche recipe ever? This is it! It is so light and fluffy and delish!! You’ll want to prepare this for dinner (which is how we had it), lunch (we had it for leftovers) and breakfast/bunch (more leftovers, and they ran out which was sad!)
- 1 Sweet Potato, Peeled and shredded
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sweet basil
- 7 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 5 oz Goat Cheese
- ½ Cup Skim Milk
- 3 Tbs Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Scallions (green onions)
- Cooking Spray.
- Preheat oven to 400. In a pan add the olive oil, add the shredded sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, and bail and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes until they are browned. Do this by only flipping them once or twice. In a bowl add eggs and egg whites, milk and sour cream. With a hand mixer mix for about a minute. Next add the goat cheese and again mix for about a minute. Add in the Parmesan Cheese. Stir in the chopped up green onions. Add in a pinch of salt.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper, and then spray liberally with cooking spray. When sweet potatoes are cooked, spoon into the bottom of the pan to form a 'crust'. Next add the liquid mixture on top of the crust. Place on a cookie sheet, and bake for 50 minutes. When it is done remove from oven and run a butter knife around the edges and remove from outer spring form. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm. This dish reheats very well!