Green Eggs and Ham
Did you know that there is a National Dr. Seuss Day celebrated annually on his birthday, March 2 ? I definitely did not know this, but when one of my friends who is a mommy to a darling little girl told me she was taking her daughter to a reading event where they’d be reading Dr. Seuss’s Beginner Book Collection (Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, Green Eggs and Ham, Hop on Pop, Fox in Socks) I thought … Green Eggs and Ham, yes please!
Not only does this recipe bring up nostalgic memories of reading fun Dr. Seuss books, but it is super yummy and my fun play on the oh so famous book Green Eggs & Ham.
- 2 English Muffins, halved and toasted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 2 Pieces Canadian Bacon, warmed
- -For the Sauce-
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 handful spinach
- ½ handful parsley
- salt and pepper
- To make the sauce, over low heat in a small pot whisk egg yolks and lemon juice constantly for 5 minutes, then add the greek yogurt and butter, whisk and turn heat up to medium whisking all the while until the butter has melted. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, process the spinach and parsley until finely chopped, then add the liquid from the pot and pulse until everything is combined.
- To assemble: toast the English muffins, fry the eggs in the butter and warm the canadian bacon in a pan. Lay a slice of canadian bacon on one side of a muffin, pour 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce over the bacon and then put one of the eggs on top, cover with the other half of the english muffin and serve warm.