5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
You’re never going to guess how easy it is to make a delicious corned beef and cabbage meal. It’s as easy as adding 5 ingredients to your slow cooker and a few hours later you’ll have delicious corned beef and cabbage with carrots and potatoes, the perfect meal for St. Patrick’s Day!
Every year St. Patrick’s day seems to sneak up on me! Can you believe it’s next week already?
So as I was going though some old posts and thinking about St. Patrick’s Day recipes, I came across a post I had done a few years ago on slow cooker/crock pot corned beef and cabbage. As I was looking at it, I realized it was a 5 ingredient recipe, woop woop, perfect for 5 Ingredient Fridays, so I gave it a little face lift and am sharing this awesome recipe with you again today.
Of course, in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit I had to make this dish with rainbow carrots…get it…rainbows, luck of the Irish, leprechauns? Lol, I know, I will dial my dorkiness back a notch.I’ve always been super impressed by my mother-in-law who makes corned beef and cabbage every year for St. Patrick’s Day. I asked her what her secret is, and she laughed and told me it was probably one of the simplest dishes she has ever made, and that all that was required was a slow cooker/crock pot and the ingredients, then just set it and forget it.
It was so much easier than I could have ever imagined. You literally put the corned beef in a crock pot with water and beef stock, let it cook at a low temperature and then add vegetables a few hours before it is done and voila: corned beef and cabbage with carrots and potatoes.
This 5 ingredient slow cooker corned beef and cabbage with carrots and potatoes recipe is a classic, super easy and delicious meal to make for your St. Patrick’s Day dinner!
- 4-5 pound corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 1½ cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 small-to-medium red potatoes
- 1 pound rainbow carrots (whole carrots, 7-8 carrots, ends removed)
- 1 head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- Remove brisket from brine liquid it is packaged in, and remove the seasoning packet that it comes with.
- Place brisket, fat side down in a slow cooker, sprinkle the seasoning packet over the brisket. Pour beef broth and water into the slow cooker and sprinkle in the salt. Set on low and cook for 5 hours. After 5 hours remove lid and add in potatoes, carrots, and cabbage wedges and cook on low for another 2-3 hours.
- Take a fork and poke into the meat, it should fall apart. Take brisket out of the slow cooker and place on a board and slice it into slices, then serve a slice or two of the brisket with a red potato, 1 carrot and a wedge of cabbage.