Individual Chicken Pot Pies
So easy, so yummy, only 292 calories per…AMAZING is all I have to say to this! Try this amazing recipe for a quick and delicious dinner recipe, or make-ahead and store them in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy-they re-heat really well!
- For the crust:
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- ½ stick butter
- ¾ cup Skim Milk
- For the filling:
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- ½ tsp each salt, pepper, parsley flakes and thyme
- ½ cup 98% fat free chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots (mine was 12 oz)
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (4oz)
- For the crust, in a food processor combine flour and baking powder, pulse a few times. then cut the half of butter stick into 4 pieces and process for a few seconds. When there are no large pieces, add the milk and process until smooth, paste like.
- Cook the chicken with the seasonings, when it is almost cooked through, add the chicken broth and peas, turn heat to low, cook for another few minutes.Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 6 deep muffin pan (or you could use a regular 12 muffin pan, they would just be smaller) spray with cooking spray, then add about 1 heaping spoon full of the dough mixture to the bottom of each cup and spread around the bottom, then on top of that divide the chicken/pea/carrot/broth mixture (I had a little broth left over at the bottom of the pan and spooned it evenly ontop of the chicken mixture. Then add shredded cheddar, and then top off each one with a remaining dough and spread around. Bake for 35 min, let cool for 5, and viola, you're done!