Orecchiette with Cherry Tomatoes, Basil, Mozzarella and Olive Oil
This past weekend I had a ton of errands of run and needed something quick to make for lunch so I’d get everything done. This meal literally took 15 minutes from start to finish (including me walking to the garden and picking tomatoes and basil) and tasted so fresh! When I posted a preview on Instagram I said how I couldn’t stop using the word Fresh…Fresh pasta, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes…you get the point haha.
So here is the super easy way to make this:
- 1 package fresh orecchiette pasta
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters
- 2 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup fesh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbs shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a pot and cook orecchiette according to instrucitons - mine took 5 minutes to cook. In a non-stick pan cook the tomatoes and garlic clove in olive oil and add some salt and pepper (i used a pinch of each). When the pasta is done, add all ingredients in a bowl, toss a few times, and then serve! Viola, a 15 minute meal that has an incredible fresh flavor!