Parmesan Chicken Meatballs & Pasta-Gluten Free
These delicious chicken meatballs are great because you can just make them, throw them in the oven and while they’re baking make some pasta, and then viola, you have a dinner that’s ready in half an hour!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Gluten Free Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs (or regular bread crumbs)
- ¼ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- dash of lemon zest
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (plus a few more pinches for serving)
- 1 tsp each Parsley flakes, salt and pepper
- 1 12oz package Gluten Free Penne Pasta (I used Jovial brand and they were great!)
- 1 16oz jar of Roasted Garlic Basil pasta sauce (any kind you want would work, I add ¼ cup water to the emptied can always).
- Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray. In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the last 2 in a bowl and combine well. Form into balls (I got 16 about 1 inch big each) and place them in rows on the lined and sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, turn them, and then bake for another 15 minutes, then remove from oven, and they are ready to enjoy.
- While the meatballs are baking, cook the pasta according to package instructions, when done and strained, add the pasta back into the pan, and add the pasta sauce, cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to bubble. Serve pasta with 3-4 meatballs and a pinch of parmesan cheese.
The wonderful dish ready to be eaten!