Peanut Buckwheat Salad & Bob’s Red Mills Giveaway!
Today I’m sharing a delicious peanut buckwheat salad with chicken and vegetables, and a Bob’s Red Mills Giveaway!
Spring is the perfect time for grain salads, perfect for bringing along to parties or picnics (also for just enjoying at home for a healthy dinner) and this one uses buckwheat from Bob’s Red Mill and is coated in a delicious peanut sauce that uses Stonyfield organic yogurt!
Buckwheat is a super nutritious grain that can be used as a substitute for rice and when cooked transforms into a mild-yet-nutty flavored grain. And you know what highlights a nutty grain? A yogurt-peanut sauce!
After creating the peanut yogurt sauce you’ll cook chicken and the veggies in the sauce, cook the buckwheat, and then coat the buckwheat with more of the peanut yogurt sauce and then serve together, yum!
And now on to the fun giveaway! Have you seen all of the grains that Bob’s Red Mill has to offer? There are a bunch! One lucky winner will receive a box of Bob’s Red Mills Grains (Amaranth, Bulgur, Farro, Grande Whole Grains Blend, Sorghum) to enter, just leave me a comment telling me which of the grains you’d like to try, or your favorite grain salad!
Giveaway runs until 6/15/2014, US entrants only.
- 3½ Cups Water
- 1¼ Cup Buckwheat Groats
- 1 Cup Sugar Nap Peas
- 2 Bell Peppers, cut into strips
- 4 Green onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders (or chicken breast cut into strips)
- -for the Peanut Sauce-
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Container (5.3 oz) Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by making the peanut sauce, add all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Next boil the water in a medium pot. When water comes to a boil, add in the buckwheat groats, cover, lower heat and cook for 20 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- In a bowl put chicken and coat it with half of the peanut sauce mixture. Then, in a large pan cook the chicken tenders for 10 minutes, stirring and flipping once or twice, then add all the veggies and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When the buckwheat is done cooking, pour remaining sauce over the buckwheat and stir.
- To serve spoon some of the buckwheat on a plate, and then top with the chicken and vegetables and enjoy