Portabella Goat Cheese Panini
For our wedding we got amazing kitchen gadgets, one of which was an amazing Panini Press! If you don’t have one, you can use a frying pan and wrap a brick up with aluminum foil as the press (it totally works! I’ve also used bricks for cooking in the oven-works wonderfully.)
- This is per Panini:
- 2 Slices Bread (we used 12 Grain Bread)
- 2 Tbs Goat Cheese
- 1 Tbs Milk
- 1 Tbs Mixed herbs - oregano, parsley, thyme
- 1 Handful spinach
- 1 Portabella Cap, cleaned and sliced
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 dash lemon
- Combine goat cheese, herbs and milk, stir thoroughly. Combine lemon and spinach.
- Season the mushroom caps with salt and pepper and saute with oil for about 5 minutes
- Spray bottom of Panini Press with cooking spray, to assemble sandwich- Bread, ½ the cheese spread, mushrooms, spinach, spread, slice of bread. Press for 5 minutes, slice in half and serve
The final result-served with a Butternut Squash Salad that I will post next.
I’d love to hear from you-what is your favorite Kitchen gadget? And don’t forget to enter the 100th post giveaway!