5 Ingredient Prosciutto Pizza
I’m a little particular when it comes to Pizza I like. You see, I’m from Chicago and we really take our Pizza seriously! Although Chicago is famous for their Deep Dish Pizza (the best of which is Lou Malnati’s -I even worked there in High School so their amazing deep dish butter crush holds a special place in my heart) I quickly found that Milwaukee where I live now has ultra thin pizza, and that now holds a special place in my heart as well.
I guess what it comes down to is that I love pizza (obvious by my Breakfast Pizza Post) and luckily I married into an awesome family that also loves pizza. My father in law makes the best pizza from scratch- including dough- and inspired this recipe, so big shout out and thanks to him.
This is my favorite pizza to make at home and is ready in a flash! The prosciutto crisps up and is pairs perfectly with the arugula, enjoy!
- 1. 1 Ultra Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust (I use Pastorelli Brand found at World Market)
- 2. 1 Tbs Roasted Garlic Flavored Olive Oil (or grapeseed oil)
- 3. 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 4. 4-5 Slices (~1.5 oz) Prosciutto
- 5. 1 handful Arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Start by laying out the pizza crust. Then spread the garlic flavored oil over the crust.
- Break apart the fresh mozzarella into little pieces and distribute around the whole pizza (there will be some spaces between the cheese.)
- Tear the prosciutto pieces and distribute around the pizza (I like to put it in the spots where there's no cheese). Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted and some spots are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the arugula leaves around the pizza. Slice and serve!