Roasted Brussels Sprout Cauliflower Soup
Every once in a while my husband leaves me in the kitchen unattended and glorious things happen like this Roasted Brussels Sprout Cauliflower Soup. Then he comes home to find that while I was having so much fun in the kitchen I left the door open and a little mess tornado came to visit.
This soup is totally worth every dish made dirty during the process making it. The crunch of the roasted Brussels Sprouts is complimented by the creamy cauliflower soup base. This weeks Five Ingredient Friday is now one of my favorite soups, and I loooove me a good bowl of soup.
Here are some fun photos of the process of making this soup:
I made this soup once and added Parmesan on top and once without the Parmesan, truth be told I liked the flavor without the cheese (which is super rare, I know haha).
- 1. 1 Lb Brussels Sprouts
- 2. 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 3. 1 (32 oz) container stock (chicken or vegetable stock)
- 4. ½ Cup Skim Milk
- 5. 2 Tbs Garlic Grapeseed oil (or garlic flavored olive oil)
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside. Start by rinsing and cleaning the Brussels Sprouts. Cut the ends off the Brussels Sprouts and then cut them in half and put them in a bowl. Pour the grapeseed oil over the brussels sprouts and then sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and stir to make sure all the brussels sprouts are covered. Put the brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a pot pour the stock and bring it to a boil. Cut the cauliflower into florets and put in the boiling stock. Cook until cauliflower is tender when poked with a fork - about 15 minutes. When the cauliflower is done cooking put in a blender or food processor. Pour milk over the cauliflower and blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
- To serve divide the roasted Brussels Sprouts between 4 bowls then pour the cauliflower soup