Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Sauce…wow you guys, it is SO TASTY! It has a beautiful fresh garden flavor and has so many uses. All the veggies that were used in this recipe (except for the garlic) came from my garden, that was also very exciting for me. The recipe and pictures are at the bottom, enjoy this awesome sauce.
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, cut into large strips (I got 5-6 strips per pepper)
- 1 Anaheim Pepper, cut into strips (its less sharp than a jalapeno, if you can't find one at the grocery store, use ¼ of a jalapeno)
- 2 Cups Tomatoes, cut into 4s
- 1 small onion (or ¼-1/2 big onion), cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into 4s
- 2-4 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- ½ cup low fat ½ and ½
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. On a foil lined baking sheet place peppers and tomatoes skin side up, and scatter onion and garlic pieces throughout. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream, ½ and ½ and cornstarch, whisk well so that there are no clumps. Put mixture in a food processor and add fresh basil. When the veggies are done, gently scoop entire contents into food processor and pulsate until everything is combined and sauce doesn't have any big vegetable chunks, there will be little veggie flecks...so good!
If you’ve been wondering where I was these last two weeks, let me tell you…I was on Vacation! It was a great time, we went to Portland, OR for 4 days and Seattle, WA for 5 days…we ate, we hiked, we played tourists, and oh yeah…we ate some more! Both locations are a food lovers dream, so I was definitely enjoying myself! I got to experience my first ‘chef tasting’ with 7 small courses of some of the best food i’ve ever eaten and got to enjoy it with my husband. Here are some quick pics of our vacation… but if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram there are more 🙂
Here we are at the International Rose Test Garden in Washington Park in Portland. It was gorgeous! They have over 7000 rose plants.
We took a day to go visit some of the Willamette Valley Vineyards, it was lots of fun. Some of the Vineyards let us walk right up to their plants and even taste them!
And of course we had to go to Pikes Place Market and see Rachel the Pig, the wonderful flying fish and see all the farmers and offerings, stick me in a corner and I’d be perfectly happy living there lol.
Here are some more photos from our trip-if you ever want suggestions, email me because we say so many awesome sights and had so much great food!