Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Shells Recipe
Delicious roasted vegetable stuffed shells make for an amazing family dinner recipe that is on the lighter side – yet still super comforting – perfect for balancing out all those upcoming holiday meals! AND there’s an incredible giveaway happening in this post as well!
I’m sure you have been seeing all sorts of decadent recipes all over the internet for the upcoming holidays. Last week I shared my list of what to make for Thanksgiving and a 5 ingredient pumpkin pie recipe. I’m SUPER excited about all the holiday food. But, what happens after Thanksgiving or between now and the big Christmas celebration? There are still regular, every-day meals that need to be made.
These roasted vegetable stuffed shells – they’re an every-day delicious dinner recipe.
All you do is roast up some veggies and then stuff shells with a ricotta mixture, and then bake the shells to bubbly perfection. The end result is not only supper yummy, but is a dish that is great fresh or can be frozen and then thawed/enjoyed at a later time. So go ahead and make these shells and freeze them for those nights you’re feeling super low energy and don’t feel like cooking!
To bake the shells, I used a Le Creuset Signature Roaster. A few years ago, my husband gifted me a Le Creuset Dutch oven, and I have been obsessed with Le Creuset products ever since. The quality is seriously second to none, they are surprisingly easy to clean (yay for easy clean up), and they really add a pop of color to my kitchen. As a matter of fact, I leave my Le Creuset dishes on the top of my stove – they serve as my kitchen décor (I have products in the Cerise-Red color) but they’re really on my stove because I use them so often!
Want to win a LeCreuset Signature Roasting dish like the one I used to make these shells? It’s the perfect holiday gift, with a $220 value! Enter now through 11/30/2016 by filling out the widget and telling me: what is your favorite thing to roast? One lucky winner will be chosen randomly 12/1/2016, US entrants only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Next time you’re looking for a delicious meal to make, look no further than these roasted vegetable stuffed shells!
- 1 (12oz) box jumbo shells
- 1 (23oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- ½ cup fresh herbs (basil, parsley, oregano, thyme) finely chopped
- 1 (32oz) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup low moisture – part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- Cook the shells until al-dente, according to package instructions, drain water and set aside.
- In a large baking dish (I used a Le Creuset Signature Roaster) pour marinara sauce.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place chopped up bell pepper, and broccoli on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine fresh herbs, ricotta cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and roasted vegetables. Stir until well combined.
- Assemble the shells by taking a large spoonful of filling and stuffing 1 shell at a time. Place the stuffed shell in the baking dish with the marinara sauce in it. Repeat with all the stuffed shells, forming 3-4 rows of shells.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheese over the rows.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake shells for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and starts to turn golden-brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying