Easy 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This super easy 5 ingredient Thanksgiving pumpkin pie recipe is the only one you’ll need for Thanksgiving and will have all your guests going for seconds.
I’ve had pumpkin pie on the brain for a while now. In fact, for Halloween last year I went as a pumpkin and my husband went as the math symbol ‘pi’ … get it…pumpkin pie! So clearly it’s been on my mind. I’m all about Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner just the thought of spending hours upon hours making pumpkin pie was causing me some stress, so I wanted to simplify it…because Thanksgiving is not Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie.
But the thing is, homemade pie is just SO much better than store bought pie, it just is. Plus there’s some pride that comes along with making homemade pie!
So I put on my Five Ingredient Friday thinking cap and set out to make a 5 ingredient pumpkin pie and am happy to say I have perfected the 5 ingredient pumpkin pie! It’s smooth and silky and is just plain ‘ole delicious pumpkin pie!
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 - 9 inch deep dish frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix with a hand mixer or mix very well with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat on the oven to 350 and continue baking the pie for 35 minutes. Turn off heat and let the pie sit in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven (the pie filling will have puffed up, it will slowly settle back down) and allow to cool completely (2 hours-overnight). I like to make the pie the day before and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Starters and Appetizers:
- Sweet potato chips – my hubby and I make these together ever year, they go great dipped in this quick guacamole recipe
- This 5 ingredient white bean and artichoke dip – its soooo good, and perfect for if there are any vegetarians at the celebration
- The best cheesy bacon dip – I mean, cheesy bacon, can anyone resist?
- These prosciutto wrapped goat cheese stuffed dates from The Cookie Rookie blog- I made them last year and they were a hit so I’m adding them to the menu permanently
- I made this Greek Salad, but am going to try this authentic Greek Salad from Little Cooking Tips to add to the menu
Mains and Sides:
- THE TURKEY – it’s just not Thanksgiving without the turkey! This 5 ingredient easy turkey recipe is the only one you’ll need for turkey, it’s fantastic, and did I mention it’s easy?
- Mushroom gravy – make your very own homemade gravy, it’s easier than you think!
- Take your mashed potatoes to the next level with these loaded mashed potatoes!
- I always make these roasted squash and sweet potatoes as the vegetable side dish, see?
- This homemade cranberry sauce from Well Plated is on my menu this year
- If you have any leftovers, this Thanksgiving leftover skillet is a super yummy way to use them!
Dessert & Cocktails:
- This pumpkin pie – recipe below!
- Any vegan guests? These squash cakes with coconut whipped cream are sooo good, I’m not vegan but I make these and enjoy them on Thanksgiving every year!
- Cranberry cosmopolitans, the perfect cocktail for your Thanksgiving celebration or
- This easy sangria – it just goes so well with Thanksgiving flavors!
Morning after Thanksgiving:
- This Thanksgiving leftovers stuffing eggs benedict from Order in the Kitchen – please excuse me during Thanksgiving if you see me stealing stuffing for leftovers, I just NEED to make this
- 5 ingredient French toast casserole – this is always a staple for when friends and family are in town and has been made by multiple readers with rave reviews!
- And this pumpkin pie…this super easy 5 ingredient pumpkin pie, it’s perfect for breakfast – my hubby told me it’s his favorite Thanksgiving leftover the next day!
So now that you know what my Thanksgiving menu looks like, I’d love to know what’s on yours?
Do you make any SweetPhi recipes? I’d love for you to submit them to Reader Recreations or let me follow along on social media by including the hashtag #sweetphiblog