Turkey pepperoni pizza puffs
Today is game day! The Green Bay Packers are playing and I wanted to make my honey a little snack for the came. Enter this recipe! I came across this recipe on Lick the Bowl Good blog and immediately had to make it. I made a few adaptations to their adaptations.
Turkey Pepperoni Pizza Puffs: recipe adapted from Lick The Bowl Good, Every Day with Rachel Ray and Casey Craves . Even though it seems like a lot of adaptations, they are so good and i’m sure whatever you decide to use will work also
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup skim milk (I used skim instead of whole)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( I used reduced fat cheese)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used reduced fat parmesan)
- 1 cup cubed pepperoni ( I used Turkey Pepperoni)
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce ( I used Pasta sauce I had in the pantry-Prego heart smart Ricotta)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.