5-Ingredient Jalapeño Cheddar Dip Recipe
This 5-ingredient jalapeño cheddar dip recipe is a party appetizer favorite, a friends and family favorite, an all-around fave dip recipe because it is SO GOOD!
This weeks’ 5-ingredient recipe for Five Ingredient Friday is one that I’ve been making for parties like crazy lately (along with this 5 ingredient beer bread recipe). I mean…little chunks of beer bread dipped into this jalapeño cheddar dip? Now that’s a party!
To say this jalapeno cheddar dip recipe is a long time in the making would be an understatement. I’ve been making it for years and would always bring it to parties where it would get devoured before I had the chance to take pictures! So I finally remade it to share it with you.
Two years ago, my jalapeño pants in my little raised garden were in full production mode producing jalapeño after jalapeño! Last year, not so much. Rabbits would come and nibble little bites off. This year though, I’ve had another good year of jalapenos, thanks to moving and now having this raised garden bed with legs.
Now that it’s football party season, dips are practically a requirement, so I thought it was high time I shared this recipe (recipe for the beer bread pictured above with dip)
A few notes:
- I like to bring this dip in a throw-away pan (like these) so you won’t have to worry about getting your dish back or clean up – you can just toss it after the dip is gone
- For extra spicy make it with pepper jack cheese and leave more jalapeños seeds in – I find that people at parties generally don’t like a super spicy dip
- I use Italian seasoned panko bread cumbs for a flavorful crunchy topping, alternatively you could use crushed up Ritz crackers
The cheddar and jalapeño are combined to make this fantastic dip which is topped with a buttery bread crumb mixture that gives it a great crunch. Your guests will love this dip, and the best part? It only takes mere minutes to prepare!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Start by melting the butter: to melt the butter, place it in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds on HIGH. Then remove from the microwave and stir. If it is not melted, repeat, microwaving for 10 seconds and stirring, until the butter is completely melted. Add Italian-style panko bread crumbs to the butter and stir until combined, then set aside.
- In a medium-large bowl combine chopped jalapeños, cheddar cheese and sour cream and stir to combine. Spoon into a baking a dish and top with butter bread crumb mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy.