5 Minute Microwave Cheese Fondue Recipe
Just in time for Valentine’s Day or your next special occasion when you need a last minute delicious recipe, I’m sharing this 5 minute microwave cheese fondue!
Ooey gooey cheese, is there anything better?
I have long been a fan of fondue.
But seldom have I actually enjoyed it.
Because fondue traditionally takes time, and lots of equipment and ‘things’ (like fancy fondue forks and melting pots) that you will only use once or twice and then probably put in a cabinet somewhere and forget about.
With this 5 minute microwave cheese fondue recipe, the only thing you need is a bowl and the ingredients: dry wine, swiss cheese, flour, garlic salt and bread for dipping into the cheese.
That’s only 5 ingredients! Which makes it perfect as this week’s Five-Ingredient Friday recipe!
If you want to get super fancy, you could dip other things into this fondue: apple slices, sausage slices, veggies or anything else you like!
This Valentine’s Day I’m going to be spending it at home and I will be making this 5 minute cheese fondue – how about you? How will you be spending your day? What is your favorite indulgent treat?
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 oz Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- French bread, cubed, for dipping
- In a microwave safe bowl pour the wine and microwave it for 1 minute, until it is very hot.
- Remove from microwave and add in shredded Swiss cheese, flour, garlic salt and stir to combine.
- Microwave for 1 minute, remove from microwave and stir, and microwave for an additional minute, or in 30 second intervals until the cheese is super melty and stretches when you pull the spoon out.
- Serve with bread