Baked BBQ Salmon With Mango Salsa Recipe
This super delicious recipe for baked BBQ salmon with mango salsa makes for one amazing dinner (done start to finish in 30 minutes), and is from The Pretty Dish cookbook!
I’m so excited to be sharing this baked salmon recipe from Jessica Merchant’s new cookbook with you today! Just last week when I shared my list of favorite cookbooks, her first cookbook Seriously Delish was on the list, and I mentioned she was coming out with her second book. I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy (it officially gets released 3/20/2018), and I spent the whole weekend looking at it. It is a gorgeous book, and it’s not just a cookbook, it’s just as the title says: more than 150 everyday recipes and 50 beautify DIYs to nourish your body inside and out. And playlists! There are playlists at the end of the book, and I’ve already downloaded many songs.
Recently, whenever I get a new cookbook, I give it a once over to see what jumps out at me, and then I give it to my husband to look through. I absolutely LOVE seeing what he thinks looks/sounds good and what he’d like to eat.
When he handed me the book back it was covered in post-it notes!!
So, if you are wondering why there are so many pink post-it notes in the book, those are pages bookmarked of things I want to make, and yes, it’s like every single page in the book lol.
Basically, everything in this cookbook is screaming ‘make me.’
Salmon is such a great weeknight dinner. It takes only a few minutes to bake, and is really such a powerhouse of nutrition, I always feel good after having salmon for dinner.
BBQ salmon? It’s something I did not know would work, but works SO well. I used a center cut salmon and cut it into fillets before baking it because I was going to portion it out for lunches. If making this for a family-style meal, I would have not cut it ahead of time.
This bbq baked salmon is smokey and slightly sweet and the spice rub is sooo good. The mango salsa completes this dish and makes it delicious bite after bite. There’s a lime butter that goes on top of the salmon. It’s so good! I’ve made this twice now, once with the lime butter, and once I was in the middle of a million things and got distracted and forgot to make it. I am happy to report the baked bbq salmon is great both with and without the lime butter.
If you’re looking for a unique, delicious, and easy salmon recipe, I’d so highly recommend this baked BBQ salmon with mango salsa recipe!!
- Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1½ teaspoons silver tequila
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- BBQ Salmon
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed borwn sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Lime butter:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- grated zest of ½ lime
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- To make the mango salsa: In a bowl, combine the mango, onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, lime zest and juice, tequila and salt. Toss well. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- To make the barbecue salmon: preheat the boiler to high and set the oven rack about 6" below it. In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the salmon fillet. Brush with the barbecue sauce.
- Broil the salmon for 6 to 8 minutes, or until just opaque and flaky.
- To make the lime butter: In a bowl, stir together the butter, lime zest, and salt until combined. While the salmon is still hot, pat the lime butter over top and let it melt. Top with the mango salsa and serve.