Easter Ham Sweet Potato Butternut Squash Brussels Sprout Hash
This post is from last week, when there was left-over easter ham, it would certainly be good with any sort of left-over ham!
What to do with left-over Easter ham….what to do…I know, put it in a hash (not the trash)! I had a bag of frozen butternut squash and leftover roasted brussels sprouts, it turned out beautifully!
- 1 to 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato
- 10 oz butternut squash
- 1 cup roasted brussels sprouts
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs butter
- salt, pepper, chili powder seasoning
- This is one of the easiest hashes. Peel the sweet potato and cook in microwave for 7 minutes, then chop in rough pieces. Chop the onion and add the onion, sweet potatoes, butternut squash and ham to a frying pan with the olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir a few times while cooking, browning the veggies.
- In another pan melt the butter and fry the egg-to get sunyside up, don't flip or pop the center.
- Put desired amount of hash in a bowl and top with the egg!