Five Ingredient Fridays – Healthy Fajita Quesadillas
So much fun stuff was happening in the Sweetphi household last night. First, I came to receive an awesome box containing a selection of Sartori Cheese that I can’t wait to review (I may or may not have professed my love of their cheese when I made the Tequila Lime Marinated Steak Tacos, a recipe which just would not be the same without the Sartori Cheese). I was so happy I couldn’t stop smiling, so stay tuned for awesome recipes and reviews containing Sartori Cheeses soon!
Second exciting thing that happened at the Sweetphi household last night was that the winner was picked for the Sweetphi Fall Giveaway…and the winner is….NINA K for your entry following the blog by email! Congrats! If you’ve ever wondered what the selection process looks like, it goes something like this…for every entry, a little slip of paper is created and put into a super secret bowl, then the bowl is shown to Clover who approves it, then Nick is asked to get really excited and close his eyes and pick a winner lol 🙂
Ok, and now on to the actual recipe
- 1. 8 Thin Corn Tortillas
- 2. 3 Bell Peppers, doesn't matter the color, I had 2 red one green, cut into thin strips
- 3. 1 Medium Onion, cut into thin strips
- 4. 1 pouch Frontera Grill All Purpose Fajita Sauce
- 5. 4 oz Pepperjack Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a non stick pan combine peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes over medium high heat. Next add half the Fajita sauce and cook until it reduces and bubbles a little, then add the remaining sauce (10 minutes.) Remove from heat. Lightly spray lined baking sheet with cooking spray and lay out 4 Tortillas. Add about 1 ounce of shredded cheese to each tortilla. Add ¼ of the peppers and onions and add another tortilla on top. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then flip the quesadillas and bake for another 5 minutes being careful not to loose the filling when flipping. Remove from oven, cut in half and enjoy!