Lemon Berry Pound Cake Loaf
Two things you should know about this post:1-I love loaves (my little sisters got me hooked so I blame them-stay tuned for their favorite Pumpkin Loaf recipe) 2-I love Martha Stewart recipes, this one is an adaptation from hers found here (her recipes I find always turn out great)
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbs Vegetable Shortening, softened
- ¾ cup, plus 1 tablespoon sugar for dusting loaf pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a microwave safe bowl combine the shortening and butter and heat until melted (1 min). Brush a little of the butter/shortening in a loaf pan, and sprinkle bottom of pan with 1 Tbs sugar.
- Put butter and ¾ cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in eggs and zest, mix again, then add the lemon juice and milk, stir again until all worked in. Add all the remaining ingredients except the fruit and mix well. With a spoon fold in the berries. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 10 minutes an then remove from loaf pan, cut and enjoy.