Meal Delivery For Special Occasions
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought it only fitting to share with you that I’m going to be using a meal delivery service for the special occasion. And I’m going to share with you a recipe for blue cheese compound butter that is sooo delicious, you’ll want to make it and eat it with everything!
Last year I tried 6 home meal delivery services and did a comparison. The winner was Home Chef. It was also my favorite.
To this day, I still use Home Chef. For special occasions or for weeks I know I just won’t have a lot of time to figure out what to make or go to the store, I’ll schedule a delivery.
Some of the reasons I love home meal delivery kits:
- it’s faster than going to the grocery store
- it is less expensive than a fancy meal at a restaurant (and I don’t need to hire a babysitter)
- there are no leftovers of crazy decadent ingredients I might only want to use for one meal
- It’s fun to cook different things that I might normally never make
- You can cook with your partner
- You know the recipe is going to work
As a busy working mom and wife, I still want to make Valentines day special. I don’t really want to ‘experiment’ with a fancy new recipe for a special occasion. Home meal deliveries really help with this, because I know it’s going to be good.
Home Chef has the best steak recipes. Steak just screams Valentine’s Day to me.
What I love about Home Chef over other meal delivery services is that not only is their produce always fresh, but the recipes are SO tasty. I have even kept several recipes that I make over and over because they have become such family favorites.
A funny story about this post in particular. When I was making it to photograph for this post, we were thinking we were going to just have it at a later time. It was SO GOOD that we ended up eating it all, standing with the fork in one hand and camera in the other lol. I’m going to share the recipe for blue cheese compound butter, because that was the best thing I’ve ever had. It went SO well with the steak, green beans, and potatoes. It would make the perfect topping for anything (including on top of a slice of toast!)
If you’re looking for something special for Valentine’s Day (or other special occasions, or just good dinner options) I cannot highly recommend Home Chef enough. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get 3 free meals ($30 off your first order)!
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions
- 1 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened butter, blue cheese (to taste), garlic (to taste) , half the green onions (reserve remaining for garnish), and a pinch of pepper.
- Mold into two small disks and place on a plate. Refrigerate until plating.