Rack of Lamb with Herb and Mustard Crust
I love Williams Sonoma…who doesn’t? I got their latest catalog and they had a recipe for Rack of Lamb with Herb and Mustard Crust. Then, a day later I went to Costco and they had Rack of Lamb, so I got one, made this recipe and WOW, so good, and it made for the fanciest leftovers! I made some roasted potatoes and carrots with it.
- Fot the potatoes: 2 lbs new potatoes, cleaned and cut
- 1 lb carrots, cleaned and cut
- 2 Tbs olice oil
- 1 tbs parsley flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- For the rack of lamb: 1 or 2 racks of lamb
- 2 Tbs Dusseldorf or Dijon Mustard
- ⅛ cup Gluten Free Coating Mix, or Breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp each of: rosemary, thyme, parsley, salt, garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- For the potatoes, in a bowl mix all the ingredients, preheat oven to 400, then bake for 50 minutes.
- For the rack of lamb, rub the lamb with the mustard and let sit for 30 minutes. In a small bowl mix the breadcrumbs or gluten free coating and herbs. Pat onto the rack of lamb. In a non stick pan heat the olive oil and garlic. put the entire rack of lamb in the pan, cook on each side for about 5 minutes, more if you like it more well done. Cut the rack of lamb into pieces, and serve with the herb potatoes
Rack of lamb-I had to put it back in the pan after I cut it because I like mine a little more well done.
Rack of lamb with potatoes and carrots
My plate-more well done Look at the fancy leftovers!