This recipe is from my husbands grandma, dated 1984, that is an absolute favorite of mine that my in-laws make every year around the Holidays! It is absolutely amazing…and it only has 4 ingredients, so not only is it an oldie but a goodie, but it is under 5 ingredients, perfect for this weeks Five Ingredient Friday!
Every year my husbands family makes at least 20 different cookies (it’s truly impressive), and this is the one my husband has been assigned to. Since I’ve come along, it’s become the dessert we make together as part of their holiday cookie making. It’s super easy, here is a series of pictures showing how easy it is!
- 1. Graham Crackers (8 or however many cover the bottom of the pan)
- 2. 1 Cup Butter
- 3. 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4. 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- Butter a 9 x 13 pan, line the bottom of the pan with graham crackers
- Melt together butter and brown sugar. Bring it to a boil while whisking constantly, it should be at a boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread over the crackers, let sit for 5-10 min.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 10 minutes, then cover with chocolate chips and put back in the oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and with a spatula spread the chocolate chips. Let cool completely and then cut into little bars.